The City of Chino Hills Awards CM Contract to Butier Engineering, Inc.
Butier Engineering, Inc. (Butier) is proud to be a member of the City of Chino Hills Public Works Department’s (City) team for the 1,2,3-Trichloropropane (1,2,3-TCP) Removal Treatment Plant Project. Butier will be providing construction management support services to assist the City in continuing to provide high-quality drinking water to 82,846 residents. Once completed, the new plant will treat water from the City’s groundwater wells supply to comply with the State Water Resources Control Board Division of Drinking Water’s mandate of a maximum contaminant level (MCL) of 0.005 microgram per liter of 1,2,3-TCP. The scope of work will include construction and installation of the following:
- Centralized granulated activated carbon (GAC) treatment plant
- 10 GAC treatment vessels to remove 1,2,3-TCP
- Electrical and control systems
- Modifications of pumps and motors and electrical components in the Booster 9 Station
- Perimeter wall, gates, fencing, landscaping, and irrigation
- Site grading, piping, paving, and foundations
Butier is looking forward to working closely with the City and Hazen and Sawyer (Treatment System Designer). Additional Butier team members include Converse Consultants and ON-SITE Technical Services.