Tesoro Water Facilities—Domestic and Reclaimed Water Transmission Main and Coto de Caza Trunk Sewer Relocation
- South Orange County, California
- September 2016
- Santa Margarita Water District
- Michael Baker International, Inc.
- CCL Contracting, Inc.
Butier Engineering, Inc. is providing construction management and inspection services for the DW and RW Transmission Main and Coto de Caza Trunk Sewer Relocation (C-1767D), which is the second phase of the Zone II and B Water Facilities project. The project is located south of Tesoro High School (off Oso Parkway) approximately 0.75 miles north of the Chiquita Water Reclamation Plant (CWRP) and next to the community of Coto de Caza and the Thomas F. Riley Regional Park.
Major pipeline project elements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Construction of approximately 15,500 feet of 24-inch domestic water (DW) CML&C WSP and 20-inch recycled water (RW) CML&C WSP transmission mains.
- Relocation of approximately 730 feet of the existing Coto de Caza Trunk Sewer that lies within a District easement.
- Construction of a temporary sewer bypass process due to the proposed grading construction of Rancho Mission Viejo’s Los Patrones Road project. The road will extend southward from Oso Parkway and into the central Esencia development area.
- Steel casings for pipelines at Los Patrones Crossing.
- Cathodic protection improvements for the steel pipelines.
- Construction of a paved and unpaved access road, road safety features, storm water protection systems, and biological resources mitigation for post construction site restoration.
- Coordination with District Operations and other contractors.