Butier Awarded CM Contract for City of Whittier’s Murphy Reservoir Project
Butier’s construction management team is providing construction management, inspection, structural observation, and materials testing services for the City of Whittier’s Murphy Reservoir Replacement Project. The project will replace two aging 0.5 MG reservoirs with a larger 2.31 MG prestressed concrete tank, helping the City meet its operational, fire, and emergency storage requirements.
Additional project scope elements include construction of the following:
- Exterior stairway, interior ladder, access hatches, and vent
- Overflow pipe, drain line, and inlet/outlet line
- Sample taps, level controls, and miscellaneous appurtenances
- Site grading
- Shotcrete and concrete masonry block retaining walls
- Concrete curb and gutter and concrete swale for proper site drainage
Butier is proud to be working closely with the City’s Public Works Department, Cannon (Engineer), Gateway Pacific (General Contractor), and Ninyo & Moore (Materials Testing & Geotechnical) on this exciting project.