Butier Awarded Another Project with the City of Oceanside
The City of Oceanside recently selected Butier Engineering Inc. to provide construction management and inspection services for the La Salina Wastewater Treatment Plant Primary and Secondary Digesters Cleaning and Piping Improvements project. The main objective is to clean the digesters and replace defective piping and valves to keep the digesters operational until the City decommissions the treatment plant in approximately 10 years. After decommissioning, the City will divert all wastewater flows to the San Luis Rey Water Reclamation Facility.
The scope of work includes the following:
- Dewatering and cleaning primary and secondary digester tanks
- Replacement of heated sludge supply and return piping and valves, including installation of new pipe supports
- Replacement of digester gas piping, valves, and gas protection equipment
- Replacement of primary digester roof center ring cover and secondary digester seal rings and diaphragm
- Replacement of the digester overflow piping
Construction is scheduled to begin in October 2022, with an estimated completion in the Spring of 2023. The Construction cost is $1,480,000.
Butier is pleased to be working with the City of Oceanside, GSE Construction (Contractor), Dudek (Design Engineer), Beyaz & Patel (Structural Engineer), and Ninyo & Moore (Materials Testing & Geotechnical).