OC Groundwater Storage Program, 8 Water Production Wells
- Orange County, California
- Orange County Water District
- Pascal & Ludwig
Butier Engineering, Inc. provided construction management, contract administration, inspection, and quality control services for the eight extraction wells. The scope of work for each project location included the following: housing structures for pumps, motors, and piping; site improvements, including paving, drainage, fencing, and landscaping; installation of deep well turbine pump and motors; electrical and instrumentation; disinfection facilities; discharge piping and valving; off-site piping and valving; and startup, testing, and training.
The project required the involvement of seven water agency municipalities and their associated City Building and Public Works Departments. In addition, the project included close coordination with various public utilities and the Department of Health Services. Weekly construction progress meetings provided an opportunity for the Contractor, Water Agency, or Owner to coordinate and provide assistance to each other to formulate formal shutdown and tie-in plans that otherwise could not have been attained in the contract duration.
Location of Well Sites
- City of Anaheim Well No. 52—Site includes a screen wall with landscaping vs. housing structure.
- City of Buena Park Well No. BP-02—Housing structure is located at the end of a cul-de-sac in a residential area. The structure was designed to blend in with the surrounding neighborhood.
- City of Garden Grove Well No. 30—Housing structure contains separate chemical, electrical, and pump rooms.
- City of Santa Ana Well No. 40—Major housing structure with an attached patio. Structure was designed to blend in with park atmosphere.
- City of Santa Ana Well No. 41—Located in Santa Ana Stadium near city hall and courthouse. Full closed pump building with chlorine feed and attached storage room.
- Valley View Well No. 2—Located near business and residential areas, opposite Cypress College. It adjoins the old Southern Pacific Railroad. Pump building sits on rails and rolls back for access.
- City of Westminster Well No. 75A—Housing structure is located in a residential area. The structure was designed to blend in with the Spanish-Mediterranean architecture.
- Yorba Linda Water District Well No. 19—Located in the Yorba Linda Water District maintenance yard.